Terms of Entry
1. By entering the awards the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the entry form.
2. The competition is open to owners, licensees or managers of forecourt retail sites in the UK. Overseas entrants are not eligible.
3. Any employees (and their families) of the organiser, its agents and anybody professionally connected with the competition are not eligible for entry.
4. Entrants may not submit more than one entry for a site but there is no limitation on the number of categories that may be entered.
5. The organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
6. Entries and photographs must be uploaded online by 11:55pm on Tuesday 9th May 2023
7. Entries will only be accepted if they are completed and submitted online.
8. Only one email contact should be supplied for each entry by the person responsible for the submission and to whom all correspondence concerning the awards should be addressed.
9. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any late or incomplete entries, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the organiser.
10. There will be one winner in each specialist category. There will be twelve winners selected from the regional awards, in the two volume classifications. There will also be one winner in the Best Motorway Services Outlet. The Forecourt Trader of the Year will be selected from the regional & motorway winners.
11. All of the finalists will be selected in July against the criteria set out in the entry form by a panel of judges selected by the organiser and will be notified by email within fourteen days.
12. The winning site of the Forecourt Trader of the Year award is not eligible to win in a consecutive year.
13. The winners will be announced at an awards dinner at the Park Plaza Westminster hotel on 12th October 2023. The names of the winners will be published in Forecourt Trader.
14. Finalists will be offered one complimentary place at the awards dinner.
15. The judges may decline to make some or all of the awards in any category if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
16. The organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
17. The decision of the chairman of the judges on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
18. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
20. Entrants consent to the publication by the organiser in connection with the awards of any of the documents or materials constituting their entry.
21. Winners may state in advertising, promotional and other business material that they are winners but must also state the category of the award and the year in which it was won.
22. By entering the awards, all entrants will be deemed to consent to the transfer of their personal data to the data controller for the purposes of the administration of the awards and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
23. If entrants provide any images as part of their entry, they confirm that they hold the necessary rights, consents and licences required to use, amend, edit, adapt and publish the images by the Organiser. Each entrant hereby grants to the Organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, store, distribute and display the images in accordance with these Terms of entry.
24. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.